Monday, November 2, 2009

Thing # 21

After exploring the google tools,I chose to further explore google arlerts and Picasa.

Google Alert is a free, automated research assistant. I found that once I registered and entered up to five queries I would get regular e-mails with up to fifty Google results per topic. I also found that requests can use the same advanced features available in a regular Google search, and after the initial set of results the service is smart enough to send only updates.

I really liked Picasa. It is an image hosting site that stands out from the rest in flexibility, usefulness and outstanding, a free and reliable service. I have used picasa to share my photos online. Here is a sample

PortAransas

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to take a second look at Picasa. I haven't been happy with storing on Flickr. Now that I'm a grandmother I need to share lots of pics! :-) Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete