Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing #23

I found Ning networking a bit different from Facebook, myspace, etc. The discussions are very focused on a particular topic of interest instead of anything-goes kind of discussions akin to most other social networks.

I think it's because networks on Ning are composed of people with similar interests so it's not an open-for-all type of groupings. The resulting discussions are bound to be within common interests.

I noticed users are very willing to help by contributing helpful information.

Ning uses for an educator are valuable. The limiting of a group's members will ensure that only specific people are invited - basically my students, while limiting topics of discussions to classroom material. This will of course give me a an upper hand to better control the discussion topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment