Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thing 10 - Creative Commons

I have been aware of copy rights on line as well as from text books as this has been stressed to me in college as well as at work. Every year, I have to read and sign that I understand the copy right rules.However, creative commons is new to me. I do not recall coming across the CC logo online. It releives me to learn that cc is available because I do use images and works from the internet in my classroom.
It is imperative to educate both teachers and students on the proper way to use information posted on the web. I do not beleive many students understand the copy right laws otherwise I would not be recieving work that is cut and paste straight from a web site.
It is a relief to learn that I can confidently attach images and works from the internet to make my classroom presentations more interesting.When correctly used, creative commons can make teaching and learning easier.

1 comment:

  1. It is comforting to know there is a place to go for educators to go for free images, etc...Now we just need to teach our students about the ethical use of these things as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete