Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thing #18

Both sites contain a huge amount of content on various subjects. The video source vary from user generated, to some that are copy righted, and so forth.

Extensive tagging is quite essential to organize and categorise the content. A feature of channels is also quite handy to classify user's videos.

Embedding technology is awesome and very convenient. I don't have to download a potentially big video, then upload it to my site.

An interesting item on both sites is the featured videos of the day. These are good starter feature for when one wants to "hung out" or pick a new interest because they will lead you on to other similar videos.

Teacher tube features documents as well in different formats pdf, word, etc.

I went hunting for science related videos. I found Bill Nye's numerous science videos. In class we have always used his VHS videos. We now have a new science wing that has updated technology and we can no longer continue using the vhs tapes. I have been using Bill's youtube videos in class and so far they are doing a good job as an alternative to the vhs technology. They have really helped us not to skip a beat as far as using Bill's videos.

I embed here a sample of some of Bill Nye's videos that I recently used in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that the Bill Nye video was there since it it is copyrighted and costs money. Sometimes you will see videos and then they will be taken down when the copyright holder finds out.

    ReplyDelete