Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thing #14

I found the website Pickink very interesting. It has very good professional tools for photo manipulation. In fact many professionals use it in their work, in addition to regular photo enthusiasts.

The site has a two tiers, a free one and a premium one that gives access to more features at a cost. The free one has a respectable number of features that anyone will still find useful. I liked collage, keepsakes creation and slideshows which I found very useful in sharing photo's with my family and friends.

The site comes with blog features where a lot of professionals and photo enthusiasts share their work, ideas, offer tips and suggestions and let others issue their comments.

The site allows users to upload pictures from their computers or import and/or export to popular sites like Flickr, Picasa, etc.

Photo editing is excellent and full of very good features. I could manipulate my photos' to have a professional finish. This site is a good kept secret.

Here is a range of effects I applied on the following photo.
Photo A (with no editing applied)



Here is the same photo with various features applied

1 comment:

  1. I haven't explored Picnik much. You made me want to go back and PLAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete