Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thing #19

Wow! I am very excited to learn about voiceThread. VoiceThread is a media player that allows educators to use a single tool to host secure conversations using media such as videos, documents, images, or presentations.

It is a safe environment where students can collaborate and publish their work. Links can also be sent to parents to let them know what we are learning in class. I like the comment moderator because the educators filter what the students can view before it gets to the student. The private realm is controlled by the educators and the only people who can comment are invited by an educator.

I have not used voice thread in my classroom but I can see how I can use it with students in different classes taking the same course. Students will collaborate with students anywhere at school or at home. I feel that my students will be very proud of their published work and this also lets them know that their ideas matter.

I found the voicethread "How to measure with a graduated cylinder" to be very practical for use in my class room.

1 comment:

  1. It's great for a class project when you want all students to contribute their thoughts and reactions to something.

    ReplyDelete