Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing 8

Yes, I can definitely see wikis in my future. Vicki's blog gave me a lot of encouragement and I really liked the way she organised and lead her students to exactly what she wanted them to do.

I read codeblue. The wiki was very detailed in science and gave the study a good source for self study. She has posted links to sites relevant to her students needs. I thought that this wiki was overcrowded and overwhelming. The material on it was too much.

The wiki Discovery Utopias introduces students to the functioning of the government in the society. The teacher encourages the students to think deeper and ask questions using the "HOTS".I really liked this wiki. It was very direct and encouraged the students to come up with good questions which I think to be great because the student has to be knowledgeable on the particular topic.

Dr. Reich's chemistry wiki gives the student an outline of his class hours and objectives in his lesson plan. He encourages his students to join the wiki and participate. Wiki participation are 10% of the grades.I liked the way the teacher posted previous wikis so as to give the students an idea of his expectations.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you'll be ready for what you want to include on a wiki when you get ready to create yours. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete