Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thing # 16

I really liked library thing. It is a great site to review books the books that I would like to read before I buy it. Readers share similar collections and interests and find new books based on recommendations, favorite titles, authors, browsing and serendipity.

LibraryThing enables the reader to create a library-quality catalog of his/her books. One can catalog their entire collection or just the books they are currently reading.

With all the catalogs online, one can contribute book reviews, participate in member forums and catalog their personal library.

The users employ extensive use of tagging to facilitate cataloguing.

The $25 life time fee is extremely fair.

I can see myself using the library thing in my professional life as I continue to read and build up my library.

1 comment: