Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thing # 17

I previewd the sites 60 Second Science and Websters Word of the Day. These two interested me because I teach science and I enjoy learning new words.

On both sites I found the podcasts were eazily accessible and were listed by titles. Since I have Opera Browser installed on my pc it comes with an in built podcast and RSS feeder downloaders. Listening is eazy via VLC Media player.

I have used podcasting in the classroom with my students. After reading, each student expressed themselves using the podcast and they enjoyed hearing their own voices.

I have also used podcasts in the format of an interview and the students listened to their responses.

Our class topics have ranged from subjects like science, English to hobbies and the lengths vary, running anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.

The students are also excited to download the podcasts to their i-pods.

No comments:

Post a Comment